Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog 1

Hi my name is Ke’Airra Jones I’m a senior at the University of Southern Mississippi where I’m majoring in IDS. My two areas of concentration are Child and Family Studies and Coaching.  I currently work at Chuck E. Cheese but I plan to coach and start my own nonprofit organization after I graduate. My previous experiences with writing I would say have been very inconsistent. The grades I receive most of the time while writing reflects the amount of time I’ve put into the paper an example of this is when I had to write a paper for my IDS foundation class about my two disciplines the first paper I received an A but because of my last minute efforts I received an F on the second one. The reason I received the bad grade was because I didn’t answer the questions correctly like I did on the previous paper before and because I was rushing and not paying attention the paper had a lot of grammar errors that I didn’t catch because I didn’t proof read my paper. I’ve never written anything for my professional workplace or any public documents. I love to write summaries, research papers, critiques, or anything dealing with philosophy. Writing sometimes fails for me because the things I write don’t always come across the way I need it to when I’m writing it down.  I plan to learn how to write better once I’ve finished taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment